Caribbean Aesthetic creates and curates home décor inspired by the warm and tranquil sounds of the Caribbean. Each piece is designed with the intention of bringing light and joy to your home. Community is front and center of everything at Caribbean Aesthetic which is why 5% profit of every item sold is donated to a charity that supports education and community development.
Julia Gould, founder, and chief creator of Caribbean Aesthetic started this company as an answer to the question of “what brings me joy?” Her answer was uplifting her community, paying homage to her ancestors that paved a way for her, and clearing a path for those that will come after her. She wanted to design a company that marries my passion for philanthropy with design. She wanted to create a brand designed to make the world a better place and, with Caribbean Aesthetics, she believes that dream will become a reality.
1. Where is your business based? Seattle WA.
2. When did you start your business? March 2021.
3. What inspired you to start your business? I was inspired to start Caribbean Aesthetic out of a desire to bring warmth and color to the décor in my home. I looked around for a home décor brand with values that I could support and found that there were very few. So, I decided to channel my creativity to develop a home décor company; one that embodies community, sustainability, connectedness, and most importantly, good vibes. After many months of research and testing various concepts, Caribbean Aesthetic was born.
4. Do you give back to your community? If so, how? Yes; 5% profit of our profits are donated to organizations supporting education and community development.
5. What do you need most from allies? Share your joy. There are so many amazing black-owned businesses that could benefit from word-of-mouth marketing. If you’ve found a delightful item from a black-owned business, consider telling a friend so that they can share in your joy while also adding to the awareness of an amazing company.